Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekly Reflection 2: a week of ending journeys

Hello from the shores!
All right, weekly reflection number two.

Actually, this week has turned out to be extremely interesting and rewarding. Again my week never really ended. I was doing things related to my senior project all week and weekend. At least my hours are very much done which I like a lot. Honestly at this point all I wish is that I could stay up here for part of my summer and simply keep writing. I will probably try and organize something like this at home for the first part of my summer so that I can keep going with this momentum that I have built up. But like last week I am focusing on the future and this post is about my past week so here goes.

This week I managed to finish off another 25 pages, bringing my total while up at Mountain Classroom to 50 full pages. I am currently still in the middle of chapter 14 and who knows maybe it will get done before I present to the panel. Well that’s my hope anyway. Again I learned a lot about my own personal writing style and myself this week. I learned that I really like to use eyes as a window into how people are feeling about a situation and that for some reason my writing seems to focus much more on people’s inner dialogue than their outer ones. So that was very interesting to sort of discover and start to utilize a little bit more as I move forward. All in all, a very solid week of writing.

Probably the biggest lesson of my week was hearing back from Mary Evans about the early 225 pages of my book. The report that I got from her gives me nothing but hope as I continue to move forward with my book. I know I will be working much more with her in the future as I start to look back to what I can change in the novel. It has been such a blessing to work with her on the book and I value her input a lot and am already starting to use a lot of it in my current writing. Her feedback has helped give me that little boost that I needed to really start moving forward with the book and get ready to take it to the next step.

The biggest surprise of my week was probably the play. Besides a few small errors it went so well both Friday and Saturday nights. The whole cast and crew were so amazing that it took the play truly to the next level. So many people handled a lot of stuff at the last minute that it was just glorious to watch. That is probably why I love working in the theatre so much, getting to see everyone come together and truly pull something amazing off is just incredible. I was also rather sad at the end, as well as proud. It was my last play at proctor and it came to a close on Saturday night. It was the Fourth play that I was a part of while here and it marked the end of a really cool journey. All I can say is thank you Terry and Michael for giving me so many opportunities and thanks to everyone for doing such an amazing job this week!

Well that’s it for now I think. I will be back with a few more posts before I present on Wednesday!

Regards,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment